2018 Chairman’s Cup at Mount Malarayat Golf & Country Club
From L-R: Teddy Salud, Fred Follosco, Col. Katigbak, Maria Cristina Turalba, Arch Antonio Turalba Sr and Dr. Alex Palines
Arch. Antonio Turalba, Sr. tees off
Every January, in honor of Chairman and Architect Antonio A Turalba, Sr.’s birthday on January 17, Mount Malarayat Golf and Country Club hosts The Chairman’s Cup – a golf tournament open to members and their guests.
January 27, 2018 marked the 20th Chairman’s Cup—kicking off the year-long festivities to celebrate the illustrious 20th anniversary of Mount Malarayat Golf and Country Club.
All 248 participants made their way to our championship golf course early morning for registration and to chat with other fellow golfers. Mr. Vince Hizon graciously hosted the ceremonial tee at 7:45AM and by 8AM sharp the shotgun-style tournament had commenced. The golf format used handicapping for members and System 36 for the guests.
Ruel De Castro and their guests
From L-R: Alex Avisado, Myki Cantero, Atty. Raul Paras, and Arnie Fuentebella
From L-R: Charles Solano, Mark Villalobos, Tony Tan Tiu, and Biloy Robles
The Saturday morning saw gray skies and light rain but hopes remained steadfast for the tournament. Though the Mount Malarayat golf course is designed for all-weather, unfortunately the rain started to pour even further as the morning progressed and so management made the decision to cut the tournament short—giving the players a chance at only four holes of golf.
The rain and wind might have stopped the play, but the weather couldn’t put a damper on everyone’s high spirits. Mrs. Patricia Bermudez- Hizon hosted the awarding and raffle after the tournament while Ms. Clara Reyes and the 4PM band entertained everyone. All the guests enjoyed a sumptuous lunch buffet and free-flowing cocktails as they waited for a chance to win some amazing prizes.
From L-R: Lito Flores, Donald Dy, Noel Butalon, Dr. Alex Palines and their guests
From L-R: Robert Gonzales, Totie Leus
Havens Golf Club of America (BalikBayan)
The 2018 Chairman Cup benefits the Turalba Foundation, in partnership with De La Salle Lipa and Hilario and Febres Foundations. From this endeavor alone, the Turalba Foundation has raised Php500,000 to subsidize 70 scholars to attend high school and college.
The De La Salle Lipa Scholars
From L-R: GM Romeo V. Garcia Jr., Mr. Henson Ola, Chairman Arch. Antonio Turalba Sr., Ms. Angelica Rebaño
From the previous 19 Chairman’s Cups, 79 scholars have already graduated from this program including one B.S. Accountancy graduate, Ms. Angelica Rebaño, CPA, who is currently working at the accounting firm Price Waterhouse Coopers in Papua New Guinea. She attended this year’s Chairman’s Cup to share her firsthand heartwarming experience benefiting from the scholarship.
This tournament would not have been possible without our generous sponsors, whom we would like to thank:
- Active Realty & Dev. Corp. – ARDC Pres./Dir. Toti Turalba
- AVT Properties Inc. – AVTPI Pres. Anjeanette Fuentebella
- San Agustin Realty, Inc. – SARI Pres./Dir. Antonella Abdon
- Active Land Estate Sales, Inc.
- Active Construction, Inc.
- MJCarr Golf Management, Inc. – MJCarr Pres. Mike Carr
- Toyota Batangas City, Inc. – Dir. Francis C. Laurel
- STRADCOM – Hon. Cezar T. Quiambao – Mr. Jorge M. Yulo
- Peugeot Lipa – Engr. Edwin Gardiola
- The Turf Company, distributors of Texas Eagle Golf Carts
- Empire Golf & Sports Shop
- JTen Sports, Inc., distributors of Puma & Cobra Golf Accessories and Apparel
PREMIUM HOLE SPONSORS:
- Honda Cars Lipa
- Subaru Lipa
- Sylpauljoyce Furniture – Mr. Charles Solano
- G&W Clubshares
- Rizgolf Sports Marketing
- Resorts World Manila
- Dr. Alex Palines
- Teddy Salud
- Col. Katy Katigbak
- Engr. Tony Panganiban
- Fred Follosco
- Manolo Alcasabas
- Benjie Monzones
- Mary Mediatrix Medical Center
- Poly Macatangay
- Corinthians Group of Companies
- Rural Bank of San Antonio Quezon, Inc. – Mr. Chito Recto
- New RFL Construction Corp. – Mr. Ralphy Latorre
- JLP Drilling, Trading & Construction Services
- Newington Builders – Engr. Elmer Gardiola
- Juan Carlo, the Caterer, Inc.
- Saint’s Honey – Mr. Lito Tapay
- Clara Reyes & 4PM band
- MS Rocafort by Ms. Malou Maglinao